BaseCamp® is an innovative anxiety program for children aged 7 to 12 years, developed by clinical psychologist Dr Kathryn Berry and the Quirky Kid team. Since publication, BaseCamp® has won both local and international prizes, including The London Book Fair International Excellence Award and Best Designed Educational Resource at the 66th Australian Book Design Awards.
This anxiety program provides children with a concise and engaging set of materials to help them build a repertoire of anxiety management techniques and to support the development of essential social and emotional learning (SEL) skills. Throughout the 8-week term, participants will:
- Understand worry, anxiety, and its components to develop more realistic ways of thinking about situations that make them anxious
- Practice cognitive restructuring and graded exposure techniques to overcome worry thoughts
- Master relaxation techniques to reduce overall arousal levels and physiological tension typically associated with anxiety
- Learn to build relapse-prevention strategies and apply action plans when difficulties arise
Each program is evaluated to ensure that it meets our strict learning outcomes. Current research with parents indicates that 73% of children were better able to manage their worries and anxiety (overall) after attending the BaseCamp® (n=39).
BaseCamp® program details
This comprehensive and engaging anxiety program will run weekly for 8 weeks. Please review the booking details below.
- 8 practical, 1-hour sessions for a maximum of 6 participants.
- 2 x 30-minute parent consultations (by phone), before and after the program
- An exclusive, award-winning workbook featuring interactive activities, facts, fieldwork, and stories.
- Weekly email updates with key program content and suggestions for home and school.
|Group||Start date||Start time||Places left|
|7 to 8 years||TBC||TBC||TBC|
|9 to 12 years||Wednesday 31st July||5 pm to 6 pm||4 places left!|
Group programs are held at Quirky Kid Sydney: Level 1, Unit 2, 83-85 Queen Street, Woollahra
Registration is $740 per child ($92.50 per session). You will be invited to select the age group during the registration process.